Two years ago, we released an episode entitled "Where Are All The Female Festival Headliners?" which looked at the utter lack of big name female acts atop music festival bills, despite no shortage of qualified female-fronted acts to fit those slots. Journalist Alyssa Pereira (SFGate/SF Chronicle) joins host Adrian Spinelli once again, to look at how the festival industry has progressed...or hasn't, in the two years since. Also joining the show, is University of Chicago Data Scientist Rob Mitchum, whose festival gender balance-tracking data visualizations have appeared in Pitchfork for the past two years.
Two Years Later: Has Gender Parity Improved at Music Festivals?
Links Mentioned in Episode
- Where Are All The Female Festival Headliners? - Noise Pop Podcast Episode from May 19, 2016
- Tracking The Gender Balance of This Year's Music Festival Lineups - Rob Mitchum and Diego Garcia-Olano's Pitchfork piece
Sexual Harassment Was Rampant at Coachella 2018 by Vera Papisova for Teen Vogue
- Alyssa Pereira on Twitter: @alyspereira
- Rob Mitchum on Twitter: @robmitchum
- Adrian Spinelli on Twitter: @AGSpinelli
That’s The Way Love Goes
Make Me Feel
Back in the Day
I Get Lonely